The Educational Programs Committee (EPC) is the university-wide committee that reviews proposed changes submitted by the Schools and College and that advises the Provost on these items. Once the EPC approves a proposal, it is sent to the Provost. Depending on the level of the curricular change, and if the Provost accepts the EPC’s recommendation, the item is sent to the Board of Trustees either in the form of a request for approval by BOT vote or as an information item. Board approval is required for the following curricular changes: opening or closing of all diplomas, degrees or certificates. In addition, the Board is notified of, but does not approve, the creation or discontinuance of minors, the shortening or lengthening of any diploma, degree or certificate. One note: If the increase or decrease in credit hour requirements is significant (25% or more), the change will require both a BOT vote and pre-approval from SACSCOC.
Questions or concerns? Email us at email@example.com for assistance.
To advise the Provost on matters involving curricular change, program initiation, program discontinuance, and attendant issues. In addition, the committee will assure that appropriate notification, approvals, licensures, etc., are in place before programs begin operation. The Educational Programs Committee (EPC) serves as a University-wide curriculum committee. It is advisory to the Provost, and reports to the Provost.
Composition of the Committee
- Chair, Senior Advisor to the Provost (ex officio)
- Faculty appointed by the Associate Provost for Faculty and Administrative Affairs in consultation with Deans of the schools they represent; one faculty representation from each and two from Dedman College
- Associate Dean of Admission (ex officio)
- Associate Provost for Graduate Education, Dean of Graduate and Advanced Studies (ex officio)
- Associate Provost for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness (ex officio)
- Bursar's Office representative (ex officio)
- Deputy Director of Central University Libraries (ex officio)
- Director of Institutional Research (ex officio)
- University Registrar (ex officio)
2022-23 Committee Members
Do not alter the formatting or font on the Short or Long forms other than to include requisite information. Include all applicable information requested on page 1 as it is essential for EPC tracking and BOT reporting. Sections that do not pertain to your proposal may be deleted to save space. Note: to ensure you are using the most recent version of the proposal document, always download the forms from the Forms + Samples tab.
Obtain approval for your online program, if applicable, through the Continuing Education Program Council (CEPC) before submitting your proposal to the Senior Advisor to the Provost. Note: direct inquiries regarding this approval process to Assistant Provost Michael Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Review the Instructions tab before filling out any of the forms.
Sample Proposals + Requests