The responsibilities of the Provost include overseeing all the academic programs and units of the University; supporting and shaping the direction of undergraduate and graduate education; supporting faculty teaching and research; and overseeing academic policies of the University.
The ultimate mission of this office is to support and implement the academic mission of SMU: to create new knowledge, and to provide a transformative education that will equip students to be lifelong learners and engaged citizens in a globalized, diverse, and rapidly changing world.
The associate and assistant provosts, together with the provost’s administrative and operations staff, support the Provost in carrying out the responsibilities of the Provost.
- Elizabeth G. Loboa, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Dayna Oscherwitz, Associate Provost for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness
- Sheri Kunovich, Associate Provost for Student Academic Engagement and Success
- Peter K. Moore, Associate Provost for Curricular Innovation and Policy
- James E. Quick, Dean of the Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies and Associate Provost for Research
- Paige Ware, Associate Provost for Faculty Success
Associate Vice Presidents
- Daniel Eady, Associate Vice President for Strategy and Operations and Chief of Staff
- Wes Waggoner, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management