Office of the Provost Leadership
The responsibilities of the Provost include overseeing all the academic programs and units of the University; supporting and shaping the direction of undergraduate and graduate education; supporting faculty teaching and research; and overseeing academic policies of the University.
The ultimate mission of this office is to support and implement the academic mission of SMU: to create new knowledge, and to provide a transformative education that will equip students to be lifelong learners and engaged citizens in a globalized, diverse, and rapidly changing world.
The deans, associate and assistant provosts, together with the provost’s administrative and operations staff, support the Provost in carrying out the responsibilities of the Provost.
- Elizabeth G. Loboa, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Matthew B. Myers, Dean, Edwin L. Cox School of Business
- Paul Krueger, Dean ad interim, Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering
- Stephanie L. Knight, Leon Simmons Endowed Dean, Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development
- Holly Jeffcoat, Dean, SMU Libraries
- Robin Poston, Dean, Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies
- Thomas DiPiero, Elisabeth Martin Armstrong Endowed Dean of Dedman College, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Sam Holland, Algur H. Meadows Endowed Dean, Meadows School of the Arts
- Jason P. Nance, Judge James Noel Endowed Dean, Dedman School of Law
- Michael McKee, Leighton K. Farrell Endowed Dean, Perkins School of Theology
- Dayna Oscherwitz, Associate Provost for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness
- Sheri Kunovich, Associate Provost for Student Academic Engagement and Success
- Peter K. Moore, Senior Advisor to the Provost
- Robin Poston, Associate Provost for Graduate Education and Dean, Moody School of Graduate and Advanced Studies
- Suku Nair, Vice Provost for Research and Chief Innovation Officer
- Paige Ware, Associate Provost for Faculty Success
Associate Vice Presidents
- Daniel Eady, Associate Vice President for Strategy and Operations and Chief of Staff
- Wes Waggoner, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
Assistant Vice Presidents
- David Lee, Assistant Vice President for Curricular Operations and Strategy
- Click for an organizational chart of the Office of the Provost.