Data Stewardship Subcommittee (DSS)
- Co-Chair: Vinay Ramachandra, Institutional Research
- Co-Chair: Curt Herridge, Information Technology
- Diane Kucera, Blackbaud: Development and External Affairs
- Allison Kanny, Campus Labs: Connect.SMU, Orgs@SMU, Collegiatelink
- Cassidy Porter, Canvas: Learning Management System
- David Chambers, Innosoft Fusion: Dedman Rec Member Management
- Ana Giron, Peoplesoft: Employee SMU
- Judy King, Peoplesoft: Employee SMU-Faculty Events
- Joe Papari, Peoplesoft: MY.SMU-Enrolled Students
- Sharla Walker, Peoplesoft: MY.SMU-Financial Aid
- Vinh Pham, Peoplesoft: SMU Financials
- Adam Pressler, Information Technology
- Cruz Lopez, Slate: SMU Admissions
- Ashley Wendler, STAR-REZ: Residential Management System
The subcommittee will, for Southern Methodist University’s institutional data and information assets :
- Give guidance and recommendations concerning institutional data related to expanding access, improving quality, and business performance management.
- Recommend processes to support better coordination and collaboration of data assets.
- Advise on best data sources and effective data management practices in the implementation of decision-support systems.
- Recommend data system projects that improve efficiency and/or quality to the Data Governance Steering Committee.
- Recommend solutions to resolve data related issues when conflicts arise.
- Add and update the University’s Business Glossary (Data Glossary -https://www.smu.edu/Provost/IR/Data-Governance/Resources/Data-Glossary).
- Maintain the university’s list of information assets (Data Holdings).
- Guide/Manage the stewardship of institutional data using the definitions/clarifications outlined in the “Data Stewards Roles and Responsibilities –Definitions” document for the following:
- Data Integrity,
- Data Management,
- Data Classification,
- Data Access,
- Data Lifecycle