Clinton Global Initiative University
Become a Clinton Global Initiative University (CGIU) Commitment Maker in 2022!
The Office of Engaged Learning is the home for the CGIU program at SMU. This is an exciting opportunity for both SMU undergraduate and graduate students to belong to an exciting cohort of over 600 social entrepreneurs, from over 100 nations and 300 countries, who are all working to solve some our world’s most pressing issues.
If selected by CGIU as a commitment maker you will be awarded…
- Up to 1500 dollars, first applied to the CGIU in-person or virtual conference and then applied to your funding request for your Commitment to Action Project
- Participation in a year-long curriculum to support the development of your Commitment to Action. Designed and driven from CGIU’s national team, awardees will attend:
o March 2022: Welcome Week and Onboarding
o April 2022: Annual Meeting
o April-June 2022: Module 1 - Laying the Groundwork for Your Commitment
o June-August 2022: Module 2 - Taking Your Project to the Next Level
o August-October 2022: Module 3 – Maintaining Momentum
- From CGIU alumni with demonstrated skills, expertise, and leadership in social entrepreneurship
- Team Mentoring with 10-15 students
- 7-12 hours per month of coaching sessions, office hours, and group discussions
- Commitment makers are matched with mentors by entrepreneurial stage, mentorship style, shared experiences of other cohort members, and time zones
Incubator@SMU Coworking Privileges
The Incubator@SMU at 700 Expressway Towers on SMU’s East Campus provides space, educational programming, a network, beverage service, printing, wifi, additional mentoring, and more chances for funding. All CGIU Commitment makers are given the opportunity to commit to the cohort models and the incubator’s amenities.
Check out your Commitment to Action Toolkit Here
The deadline for CGIU 2022 is January 21, 2022. Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with your application
To learn more about how to apply you can attend any of these pre-recorded sessions on the CGIU website https://www.clintonfoundation.org/events/clinton-global-initiative-university/cgi-u-2021-2022-prospective-student-sessions/ and also email email@example.com for supporting in drafting and finalizing your application for submission