Cloud Application for Complex Systems Integration
January 13, 2020Register
Standard Registration: $1,330
- Understand foundational concepts of Cloud Application
- Thoughtfully connect these foundational concepts to some aspect of your company's goals: toward either individual responsibilities or enterprise mission
- Understand more complex issues in Cloud Application
- Apply specific Cloud Application focus to a project which is either currently active or a case study
Who Should Attend?
- Cloud computing is changing the way organizations procure and use computing resources. It is imperative that every person in an organization has sufficient knowledge. This mini-certificate is open to a range of people working as data analysts, individual contributors and managers within IT, and those working in product development.
- Those learning for their personal enjoyment.
- Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, be comfortable navigating the Internet and using email. You will need access to download and install certain tools/files such as the free Amazon AWS account in order to do projects and work.
Where are these courses offered?
- Online through SMU Pro and a required in person experience at SMU Dallas campus on final day of class.
Mini-Certificate Program Completion Requirements:
- Required Online Courses and Workshops:
- Cloud overview: what is cloud, cloud characteristics, cloud tech overview.
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services demo, Google cloud demo.
- Storage and network: storage demo, network VPC demo.
- Security and Cloud Management: Platform as a service (Paas), Key concepts and cloud security concerns, cloud security overview, DOS, security group and IAM demo.
- Mid-point class project
- Application Development: intro to DevOps, Microservices, Docker Containers, Docker demo.
- Container Management: Kubernetes, CICD, Kubernetes demo.
- Data Management: data pipeline, fundamentals of Hadoop, MapReduce.
- Data Management II: Managed Hadoop demo.
- Project II
- Required In Person Course and Workshop:
- 5-hour training session on the last Saturday of class
- Priority Rate (until two weeks before start date): $1,080
- Standard Registration: $1,330
Payments and Financing
- Students must register before attending a course. Instructors cannot accept registration fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
What skills do online learners need?
How do students interact with instructors?
When it says the mini-certificate is 30 hours long, does it mean I have to sit at my computer for 30 hours?
Do I need an email account for my online course?
What are the advantages to online learning?
What kind of certificate do I get when I have completed the course?
Whom do I contact if I have a problem with my course?
If I have questions about a course, whom can I contact?
What if I need to suspend my attendance, cancel my registration or withdraw?
I am located in a country outside of the United States and would like to register for a course. What do I do?
Dr. Sohail Rafiqi
Dr. Sohail Rafiqi is a sales consultant at Oracle focusing on Database, Cloud and Big Data solutions. He is the creator of the MSDS Clouds computing course and an active adjunct faculty member since 2016.
He received a Ph.D. in computer science and engineering from Southern Methodist University in 2015, where he was co-advised by Dr. Suku Nair, Dr. Eric Larson and Dr. Ephrem Fernandez (UTSA). He also holds a B.S. in computer science and mathematics as well as an M.S. in computer science and engineering from Southern Methodist University.
His doctoral research involved an interdisciplinary study of pervasive cognitive load measurement using pupillometry. He is currently developing a platform, under the supervision of Dr. Eric Larson, that can detect the cognitive load of a person using a mobile phone without the aid of any specialized hardware.
Before joining Oracle, Dr. Rafiqi was head of product development and support at Optimal Path Inc., a database-on-demand company delivering a full suite of communications management applications to enterprises. He has been involved in product management and development for the last 20 years. Before Optimal Path, he held senior management positions in AudioCodes, Westwave Communications and Alcatel. He has also co-founded two startups and participated in two successful M&As.
Just click on the image below to fill out a form to take a look at a sample course we created in our learning platform:
Please Note: by submitting this information, you are agreeing to receive email and/or mailings by post from SMU. You may unsubscribe at any time. Thank you for your interest in the program!