Digital Analytics and Insights
This program is offered in a face-to-face, classroom setting in a modular format.
Standard Rate: $3,745.
The SMU Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program was designed to incorporate the latest tools and trends, along with time-tested approaches to data analytics. Developed in consultation with industry leaders in data analytics, this certificate will prepare you to turn available data into insights and actionable recommendations.
Certificate Program Completion Requirements
The Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program is presented in a face-to-face, classroom setting in a modular format. You may choose to purchase the full certificate program at one time for a discounted price or purchase the individual courses à la carte. View courses here.
To complete the certificate program you must take all required courses and one elective.
- Digital Marketing Analytics (6 weeks)
- Digital Analytics Tools and Technologies (5 weeks)
- A/B Testing and Conversion Rate Optimization (4 weeks)
- Best Practices in Communicating Data and Insights (4 weeks)
- Advanced Excel for Data Analytics (1 full-day Saturday workshop)
- Adobe Analytics (2 half-day Saturday workshops)
Optional workshop (highly recommended):
- DAA-Certified Web Analyst Test Prep Workshop (3-hour class)
Select one elective to complete the program:
- Data Visualization, Infographics and Dashboard Design (6 weeks)
- Mobile Marketing and Analytics (4 weeks)
- Search Engine Optimization and Marketing (4 weeks)
- Data-Driven Marketing (6 weeks)
- Learn the entire process, from data collection to analysis, and how to use key tools like Google Analytics.
- Understand how to best communicate your insights to decision-makers and make insights actionable.
- Practice your skills in an interactive and hands-on environment.
- Network with and learn from instructors who are respected digital analytics professionals.
- By the end of the program,you will also be prepared to take the GAIQ and DAA CWA certification tests. Taking these tests is not required to pass the SMU Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program; however, students are strongly encouraged to take these exams to add the certifications to their resumes.
Why Choose SMU?
- Experienced instructors who are senior-level, practicing professionals
- Classes delivered in-person to optimize real, hands-on learning and maximize opportunities for interaction and networking
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing, communications, UX, web design, business analytics, content development and SEO professionals
- New marketing and business graduates who recognize the need to expand their knowledge and skills to appeal to potential employers
- Anyone who needs to understand how customers interact with their company
- Data scientists and data analysts market researchers
- Customer-experience professionals
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program is $3,495 if you register and pay for the full certificate by the priority deadline (after the priority date, standard tuition is $3,745). There is no fee to apply. Discounts are available for SMU faculty, staff, students and alumni, as well as for nonprofits and groups.
- Complete and submit the application online.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment.
Students may qualify for a Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan, offered by Sallie Mae. Your Sallie Mae Loan application must be completed and approved 14 days before the first day of the program. Loan cannot exceed the cost of tuition. Contact our admissions team for details.
Students must register before attending a course. Instructors cannot accept registration fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
All of our instructors have real-world experience and are currently working in the digital analytics profession in DFW, leading teams of digital analysts at their respective organizations. Our instructors are specifically selected for their experience in the industry, providing students with insight beyond their course topic.
Digital Marketing Analytics
Cameron Gawley is the Co-Founder and CEO of BuzzShift, one of DFW’s leading digital strategy and analytics agencies employing team members who are some of Dallas’ best analytical creatives. Cameron has successfully built a team and a culture that can tackle almost any marketing challenge with outside-the-box, data-informed solutions. BuzzShift partners with clients as varied as Verizon and the National Breast Cancer Foundation, designing programs that connect with people individually and yet are measurable, trackable and scalable. Cameron is also highly engaged in the DFW community,actively encouraging local innovation by mentoring at the Dallas Entrepreneur Center, acting as an angel investor for early-stage startups and serving on the board of several professional associations and nonprofit organizations. He is a founding member of the Social Media Club of Dallas, and Board Member for the American Advertising Federation of Dallas. Most recently, Cameron was selected by the US Embassy to serve as the keynote speaker at the Project Disrupt Conference in New Zealand. He is also passionate about cause marketing, and has worked with nonprofit organizations throughout his career to help them reach their world-changing goals. Cameron ranks as #5 on Business Insider’s list of the 25 most influential ad execs on Twitter. He has a BA in Journalism, Marketing and Advertising from the University of North Texas.
Website Conversion Optimization
Halee is a digital analytics professional with ten years of hands-on analytics experience working with major brands in the United States and Europe,such as Dell, Ford, Microsoft, Nokia, and Rovio. She is currently a Senior Digital Analytics Consultant at Blast Analytics & Marketing, where she uses her expertise to help clients get the most out of their web analytics data. She is one of only 85 Digital Analytics Association Certified Web Analysts™ in the world, and is also a certified expert in Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture Site Catalyst) and Google Analytics, both on the implementation side and as a power user. If the data doesn’t exist in those tools, she knows how to corral it. And if the data does exist in those tools, she knows how to wrangle it out. (Halee was raised on a cattle ranch, so ranching terminology and metaphors often appear when she talks about data.) Halee serves as Co-Chair of the Dallas Chapter of the Digital Analytics Association, and has been a guest speaker and panelist at various industry events. Halee graduated from the University of North Texas with a B.A. in English and Spanish, and earned a Graduate Diploma of Internet Technology from Charles Sturt University in Australia, proving that you don't need a degree in statistics to be a good analyst.
Mathew is an Adobe-certified expert and provides consulting services for content management, search and analytics. He is an architect at Adobe and has worked with several high-profile clients including the NFL, Nike, Ford Motors, and Coca-Cola. Prior to joining Adobe, Mathew worked for Accenture, Deloitte and the U.S. Army. Mathew has six years of analytics experience from Web Trends, Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. He earned an M.B.A.from The University of Texas at Arlington. On weekends, Mathew teaches introductory computer classes at a Tarrant County community college.
Digital Analytics Tools and Technologies
Rebecca Visconti is an IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics) and Google Analyticsexpert who has been working in the Digital Analytics industry since 2007. She joined Vertical Nerve's analytics team in 2013. Rebecca is the Director of Digital Analytics at Vertical Nerve and is responsible for providing digital analytics consultative services to her clients, such as Yum Restaurants and Moneygram. Prior to joining Vertical Nerve, Rebecca served as the Senior Manager of Digital Analytics Strategy at PFSweb, where she was responsible for managing and directing all digital analytics services for their Interactive Marketing Services agency, working with ecommerce brands such as Kraft, P&G, Starbucks and Kate Spade. Rebecca graduated from the University of North Texas with a B.A. in history, including a focus on modern international relations; she holds an M.B.A.from the University of Texas at Dallas with an emphasis in management information systems.
Keefe is an analytics and site optimization practitioner who has been working in the digital analytics industry since 2005. Currently at JCPenny, Keefe has extensive experience building analytics and site-optimization practices and driving an analytics culture across multiple online properties for companies such as Zales Jewelers, Travelocity and SuperMedia.
Keefe is currently a co-leader for the Dallas Chapter of the Digital Analytics Association and was a co-chair on the DAA Certification Exam Committee. Keefe is a team lead on the exam committee charged with creating and updating the DAA-Certified Web Analyst exam questions. He has been a DAA-certified web analyst since February 2011, completed the UBC Web Analytics Award of Achievement in December 2006 and has been a member of the DAA since October 2005.
Please Note: by submitting this information, you are agreeing to receive email and/or mailings by post from SMU. You may unsubscribe at any time. Thank you for your interest in the program!