University Benefits Program
Policy number: 7.10
Policy section: Human Resources
Revised Date: January 2, 2019
1. Policy Statement
The University will provide a competitive benefits program that assists in attracting, hiring, and retaining exceptional faculty and staff employees.
The University Benefits Program is comprised of a comprehensive array of plans designed to meet the diverse health and financial needs of eligible faculty and staff, and their eligible family members.
This policy applies to all benefits-eligible full-time and part-time employees of the University.
4. Department Administrative Rules, Procedures, and Guidelines
The Department of Human Resources, under the purview of the Vice President for Business and Finance, has oversight and administrative responsibility for this policy and shall promulgate departmental rules, procedures, and guidelines pursuant to this policy.
5. Understanding Your Benefits
- Benefits information/education is delivered through the Human Resources website, orientation programs, targeted education sessions, and written materials.
- The Department of Human Resources maintains official plan documents and other forms of printed and online material.
- Pertinent information regarding the University Benefits Program is provided to new employees during their first week of employment and to all employees prior to each annual open enrollment period.
- All faculty and staff employees are responsible for understanding the University benefits plans, for making benefits elections within the timeframes allowed, and for enrolling only those family members that meet the eligibility criteria specific to each plan.
- Faculty and staff are also responsible for updating spouse and dependent child information, and for paying required premiums.
- The University Benefits Program is reviewed annually and may be revised to meet the needs of faculty and staff. The University may add, modify, or terminate plans based on budgetary and other considerations, solely within its discretion.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Department of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised: January 2, 2019
Adopted: June 1, 1994