University Sanctioned Student Travel
Policy number: 12.4
Policy section: Student Affairs
Revised Date: January 2, 2019
1. Policy Statement
The University recognizes the impact that travel can have on its students’ educational experience and maintains this policy to provide a process for safe, University-sanctioned travel.
2. Travel Approval and Registration
- University-Sanctioned Travel must be approved and registered with the University in accordance with University Policy 4.7, Travel and Entertainment Management, and the sponsoring University department’s standards.
- Additional and/or supplemental guidelines, expectations, standards, and rules appropriate to the type and venue of the trip may apply at the discretion of the person(s), department, or organization conducting the trip.
- Additional/supplemental guidelines, expectations, standards, and rules should be communicated, in writing when possible, to the student(s) or organization prior to travel.Additional and supplemental directives or instructions are subject to the Student Code of Conduct.
3. Code of Conduct
- All provisions of the Student Code of Conduct will apply to student conduct for the entirety of any University-sanctioned trip.
- All faculty, staff, students, and volunteers are expected to report non-compliance to the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards.
4. Related Policies
- University Policy 4.7, Travel and Entertainment Management
- University Policy 11.4, Global Travel to Restricted Regions
Revised: January 2, 2019
Adopted: January 12, 2001