On Tuesdays at 11:30 am, the Perkins community gathers in Room 100 of Prothro Hall to discuss interesting and relevant topics led by faculty members, guest speakers, and student organizations. If interested in sponsoring a CHAP, please contact our Community Life Graduate Assistant, email@example.com.
Upcoming CHAP Sessions (Community Hour at Perkins):
You are invited to participate in a very special Community Hour at Perkins on Tuesday, March 21 at 11:30 a.m. in Prothro Hall 100. Over the last few months, the Perkins Engagement Team--composed of faculty and staff appointed by Dean Hill--has met regularly in support of our admissions-recruitment and marketing efforts. One component has included hearing from faculty about their ideas, hopes, dreams for Perkins as we move into the future.
We would like to hear from you--Perkins students. The Engagement Team, with Dean Craig C.Hill, will be present for this gathering. Tommy Darwin of the M Group Agency will facilitate the discussion. If you're unable to attend in person, you can join the conversation via ZOOM (this includes Houston-Galveston students and all others who will be off-site on March 21)
The questions we'd like you to consider for discussion are below:
1. What are the top three aspects of Perkins that you think every prospective student should know about?
2. What are 3 creative ways you think Perkins can reach out and make connection with prospective students?
3. How could current students be more involved in the recruitment process?
4. What do you perceive as being the most important factor(s) for students in making a decision to attend Perkins?
5. What types of social media are most effective in communicating about Perkins to external audiences?
6. Would your church be willing to welcome a representative from Perkins (faculty, staff, student) to talk about theological education during worship on a Sunday morning?
7. Would your church or organization that you belong to allow space for a Perkins advertisement in their newsletter, bulletin, or website?
We look forward to being with you for the March 21 C.H.A.P.
Connie Nelson and Herbert Coleman, Co-Chairs Perkins Engagement Team