The Hispanic/Latin@ Ministries Program offers Licensing School in Spanish. Persons not ordained as elders who are appointed [or expect to receive an appointment] to preach, and conduct divine worship and perform the duties of a pastor, shall have a license for pastoral ministry (The book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church, 2012, ¶315).
The Licensing School is for certified candidates who have completed:
- the Inquiring, Exploring, Declared candidacy process, and
- have written permission from their district superintendent.
Licensing School in Spanish will be offered in a hybrid format:
Online class work begins April 29 - July 5 (4 hours of online time estimated per week, for a total of 40 hours)
In residence class work begins July 8 - July 12 (8 hours of class time estimated per day, for a total of 40 hours)
|Registration Fee (non-refundable)
|Community Life Fee (non-refundable)
Lodging and Meals
|1 week on campus July 8-12; meals included
||$564.00 double room with roommate; shared bathroom
||$633.00 single room; shared bathroom
|Meal plan (optional) - for participants not lodging on campus
||$238.00 1 week meal plan
To be fully registered in Licensing School, the following steps must have been completed:
- Submitted the Required Signatures form with all signatures.
- Submitted the online registration form.
Register Online Now
- March 22 - last day to register online. To ensure students have adequate time to prepare for their class(es), we will not accept late registrations.
- March 29 - last day to cancel registration and housing to receive a refund. All cancelations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date. The registration fee and community life fee are non-refundable. Refunds may take up to 8 weeks to be processed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 214.768.2265 or email@example.com.
Información en español.