Satellite schools are administered directly by Perkins Regional Course of Study School and offer courses semi-annually.
The Course of Study Satellite School at McMurry University meet once a month on Saturday for three months in the spring and fall.
*Students must be part-time local pastors to enroll in satellite school courses.
Course schedule 2021-2022
|421 Bible IV: Prophets, Psalms, and Wisdom Literature||Sept.11, Oct 9, Nov 6||Instructor: John Miller|
Registration deadline: August 20, 2021
Please fill out the online application (below). Have the following information ready while you are applying:
- PID number, found on your COSS transcript. If this is your first time in Course of Study, email email@example.com and request your PID number.
- Course of Study Transcript (you can upload this to the online application of email to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DS, registrar, and mentor's contact information
- Signature form complete with the signatures of your DS and Local Pastor Registrar (you can upload this to the online application or email it to our office at email@example.com).
- Download the Signature form here
For questions and help with online registration, please call 214-768-2222, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (CST) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any non-time sensitive questions.
• Course Tuition: $230.00
• Registration Fee (non-refundable): $100.00
*Costs do not cover travel, housing, or meals.
- Check or money order payable to Perkins School of Theology and mail it to:
Course of Study School
Perkins School of Theology
PO Box 750133
Dallas, TX 75275
In order to receive a refund for tuition, you must cancel before the first day of class. No refunds will be issued after the first day of class. Registration fee is non-refundable.
Your payment must be received at the office of Perkins Course of Study School before the beginning of the course. If you have questions about registration or payment, please contact us at email@example.com or 214-768-2265.
For more information contact:
Dr. John B. Miller, Assistant Director of the Course of Study Satellite School at McMurry University | firstname.lastname@example.org
About John B. Miller:
John B. Faulkenberry Miller is Professor of Religion at McMurry University, where he also serves as Assistant Director of the Perkins Course of Study Satellite Program for part-time United Methodist pastors.
He received his A.B. in classical languages from the University of California at Berkeley, and his M. Div. and Ph.D. in Biblical Studies from Princeton Theological Seminary. His research focuses primarily on dreams and visions as a medium of revelation in antiquity, but also includes the study of the Septuagint and Jewish apocalyptic literature from the Hellenistic and imperial periods. His most recent publications include the commentary notes for the text of 1 Maccabees in The CEB Study Bible, and an exploration of the Holy Spirit’s role in the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles. John is an ordained elder in the Northwest Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church.