Perkins School of Theology hosted a Texas Faith Public Forum, “Elections and the Common Good,” Thursday, September 27, 2012, from 7:00-8:30 pm in the Great Hall of Elizabeth Perkins Prothro Hall.
This Texas Faith Public Forum was moderated by editorial columnist William McKenzie and senior political writer Wayne Slater of The Dallas Morning News’ Texas Faith blog, which brings together religious leaders and thinkers from diverse faith traditions to discuss contemporary issues and concerns.
In addition to Dean Lawrence of Perkins School of Theology, panelists included the following leaders:
• Katie Sherrod, an independent writer/producer and Episcopalian activist, Fort Worth;
• George Mason, Senior Pastor of Wilshire Baptist Church, Dallas;
• Dwight McKissic, Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Baptist, Arlington;
• Gordon K. Wright, Dallas attorney and a North Texas leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints;
• Mike Ghouse, President of the Foundation for Pluralism, Dallas