The Helen and Richard Brown Endowment for Pastoral Scholarships derives from a generous gift received in the 1990s, designated to support pastoral ministry in the United Church of Christ. Since its inception, the gift of $5 million has provided over $250,000 annually to UCC Conferences, seminaries and global partners, providing individual scholarships for seminarians and sponsorships for continuing education events.
Most Brown Scholars will be enrolled in or accepted to seminary. However, MIDs who are enrolled in or accepted to a regional theological education program which leads to authorized ministry in the UCC are also encouraged to apply.
- A member in good standing in a local UCC congregation.
- A Member in Discernment (MID) of a regional UCC Association.
- Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited ATS seminary, or enrolled in or accepted to a regional theological education program which leads to authorized ministry in the UCC.
- A 3.0 GPA in your most recently completed academic work.
- Intention to seek a call to serve as a pastor of a local UCC church.
- Documented financial need.
Rev. Nelson R. Murphy
Brown Endowment Administrator
475 Riverside Dr Ste 1020
New York, NY 10115