Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification gives students and institutions of higher learning the tools they need to chart their own course, fulfill their ambition, and realize their potential.
During the 2017–2018 academic year, SMU’s Office of Information Technology will be providing access to the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam for free to members of the SMU Community. Testing vouchers and exams may be taken on the campus through IT Training on a first-come-first-served basis.
MOS includes three levels of certification: Specialist, Expert, and Master. Students can certify at all three levels. They should try to obtain the highest level possible. The market demands—and caters to—those who possess the most education and skills.
Students can digitally broadcast their accomplishments with MOS 2016 online badges. These digital badges contain verifiable data that tell employers and admission committees what the student did and why it matters. In other words, digital badges give instant credibility.
For additional questions, or to schedule an information session for your department or student group please contact Laurene Klassen at 214-768-1316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft Office Certification Exams are a performance-based timed exam and conducted in a "live," or simulated, environment. Candidates receive 5-7 small projects with tasks that build on each other. Benefits of certification include:
- Allows Faculty to focus more on methodologies and spend less time on applications.
- Supervisors may utilize certification studies to close skill gaps.
- Prepares students for advanced level courses and increases marketability.
- 91% of hiring managers consider employee certification as a criterion for hiring
- 81% of hiring mangers feel that certified individuals perform better
- 79% of hiring managers feel that certified individuals are more efficient
- 50% more likely to be hired Full Time
Five laptops that have GMetrix practice exams and LearnKey video courses will soon be available for checkout. We recommend you utilize the practice exam to gain familiarity of the testing environment. Vouchers for Excel Core and expert level exams will be issued after a student receives an 800 on the practice exam.