Becoming a Microsoft Office Specialist
MOS includes three levels of certification:
Become certified in one, any, or all of Microsoft's premiere office technologies.
Like grad school for two of the most in-demand technologies in the job market. Requires completion of Expert exam in Word and/or Excel.
Like earning a Ph.D. in Office. To become a MOS Master, you must earn Word Expert, Excel Expert, Powerpoint, and Access or Outlook certifications.
Students can certify at all three levels. They should try to obtain the highest level possible. The market demands—and caters to—those who possess the most education and skills.
Where do I begin?
Microsoft Office Certification Exams are a performance-based timed exam and conducted in a "live," or simulated, environment. Candidates receive 5-7 small projects with tasks that build on each other.
Prepare for the exam by utilizing online study resources and GMetrix practice exams. GMetrix practice exams will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office certification exams. These practice exams allow you to choose between training mode, which will allow you to view hints and retry missed questions, and testing mode, which will simulate actual testing conditions.
As part of the program, in order to be eligible to sit for the free Office 2016 certification exam, you must first score an 800 on the practice exam in testing mode. This must be achieved prior to your exam.
Please Note: You will need to show proof of your results before your exam.
If you are ready to get started, submit a Help Ticket to obtain your GMetrix access code and receive information on how to schedule your exam.
Get a GMetrix access code
Benefits of Being Certified
- Allows Faculty to focus more on methodologies and spend less time on applications.
- Supervisors may utilize certification studies to close skill gaps
- Students can digitally broadcast their accomplishments with MOS 2016 online badges. These digital badges contain verifiable data that tell employers and admission committees what the student did and why it matters.
- Prepares students for advanced level courses and increases marketability.
- 91% of hiring managers consider employee certification as a criterion for hiring
- 81% of hiring mangers feel that certified individuals perform better
- 79% of hiring managers feel that certified individuals are more efficient
- 50% more likely to be hired Full Time
Where can I get more information?
Faculty may contact Laurene Klassen at 214-768-1316 to learn how to incorporate the Microsoft Office Certification exam as part of your curriculum.
We encourage students who are taking a MOS certification exam for class to review our FAQ's and learn more about exam scheduling and practice materials available.