my.SMU Personal Info

Even if there is no change in your personal information, you must review, confirm, and save your Addresses, Demographic Data, Emergency Contacts, and Phone Numbers.

Updating Personal Information

  1. Within the Student Homepage, click Profile.
  2. You will be directed to the Personal Details page by default.This page shows basic name and biographical information.
  3. If you need to view or change any of your addresses, click on the Addresses link in the left-hand toolbar. 
  4. To add a new address, click the Add button in the section you wish to add an address. Image of add b
  5. Fill out the provided form and then click Save.
  6. To edit an existing address, click on the address you would like to edit, change the information in the form provided, then click Save.

Release of Education Records

If you would like to share certain items of your academic with a parent or guardian, you can click on the Release of Education Records button on the left-hand side of the Profile page.

  1. Within the Student Homepage, click Profile.
  2. Click Release of Education Records in the left-hand toolbar.
  3. Click the Add Access tab.
  4. Click the Request New Parent or Request New Relation button.
  5. Fill out the form that appears and click Finish Creating.
  6. After filling out the form, you will return to the Release of Records page. Check the box next to the relation you would like to provide permissions to.
  7. Below your list of authorized accounts, check the box next to each portion of your academic record you would like to grant access to.
  8. Click Submit.

If your authorized user has not used my.SMU before, they will receive an e-mail at the address you provided to set up their account. You may also revoke or change this access at any time.

NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS:  Federal law requires that the student must initiate a request for release of their private academic records. If you need access, contact your student and have them complete the above process.