It is extremely important to keep your emergency contact information accurate and up to date to allow University officials to contact them in case of an emergency. You can update this information at any time by clicking the Profile tile on your Student Homepage.
Adding a New Emergency Contact
- Click on the Profile tile on your Student Homepage in my.SMU.
- Within the Profile page, click the Emergency Contacts link in the left-hand toolbar.
- Click the Add button, which is the plus sign at the top of the contacts list.
- Enter a Contact Name.
- Select your relationship to the contact in the Relationship drop-down menu.
- Enter the phone number, extension (if applicable), and the country of the contact number (if an international number).
- You may add additional phone numbers if desired by clicking the Add a Phone Number button. When entering additional contacts please indicate who is the Preferred Contact.
- Click Save.
You may also remove or edit emergency contacts at any time by clicking the Edit or Delete buttons next to the contact.