Questions regarding the DPR and its contents should be directed to your academic advisor or academic dean. Additional information can also be found in the Understanding Degree Progress Report and Understanding the Undergraduate Summary Report documents.
Running a What-If Degree Progress Report
- Login into my.SMU.
- Click the Academic Progress tile from the Student Homepage.
- Click View What-if Report on the left-side menu.
- The What-if Report Selection page appears on the screen.
- If a What-If report already exists, you can view it by clicking on the date under View a Saved What-if Report.
- To create a new report, click Create New Report.
- The Create What-If Scenario page appears.
- The page will now display your current career information by default. Note: You will be able to change the catalog year. Select the term/year you want.
- In Program Scenario, you will see your current academic information by default. Use the fields below to set up a what-if scenario based on one or more programs of study. You can also choose to select courses for inclusion in your course what-if scenario. Note for Prospective students: The default program is SMU Pre-Majors. Select the degree plan you wish to pursue. Please note that some degree plans have entrance requirements that must be met.
- At the bottom of the page, click Submit Request.
- Your interactive What-If Degree Progress Report appears on the screen. Content areas are displayed and indicate which course requirements have been satisfied. Courses that may be used to satisfy requirements are also displayed.
- Scroll down to view the entire document.