- Click the network icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar, near the clock.
From the list of available wireless networks, select eduroam.
Make sure the Connect automatically box is checked, then click Connect.
At the Continue connecting prompt, click Connect.
When prompted, enter your SMU e-mail address as your username and your SMU password.
In most cases your computer will configure the connection settings automatically. If the connection fails, consult these advanced configuration settings.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage Wireless Networks.
- Right-Click on eduroam.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select WPA2-Enterprise as the Security type.
- Select AES as the Encryption Type.
- Network Authentication should be Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Click Settings.
- Uncheck Fast Reconnect.
- Click Configure.
- Uncheck "Automatically use my windows logon name and password" and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Protected EAP Properties window.
- Click the Advanced settings button.
- Check the box next to Specify authentication method.
- Select User Authentication from the drop down menu.
- Click Save Credentials.
- Enter your SMU email address as the username and use your standard SMU password for password
- Click OK.