FAQs for Sitecore
There are many ways to get help with Sitecore. For most basic "how to" questions, we encourage all of our users to contact IT Help Desk or use the Sitecore Knowledge Base on the SMU Wiki. For training and tutorials, please visit the Training On-Demand page. We also have several opportunities for Sitecore in-person trainings and webinars per year on our IT Training page.
- Copy the text from the original source (text file, email, Web site, etc.)
- Paste into a Microsoft Word document using the Paste Special command under the Edit Menu or use the keystroke combination Control+Command+V (Mac), or Control+Alt+V (PC)
- In the dialog box select Unformatted or Plain text
- Recopy the unformatted text from the Word doc
- Open the Body copy editor on the page that you want to paste the text
- Click to place your cursor where you want in the text to be pasted
- Paste into the window
Sitecore assigns the same meaning to the words “lock”, “edit” and “check out”.
To unlock a page follow one of the methods:
- Method #1: In the Content section, click Lock and Edit at the top of the page
- Method #2: Go to Ribbon>Review>click edit
To unlock one or more pages at once follow these steps:
- Go to Ribbon>review>click My Items
- The My Items window lists the pages that are currently checked out
- Select the page to unlock and click the Unlock button at the bottom left of the window or click the Unlock All button to check in all of the pages simultaneously
- Click the Close button at the bottom right of the window to close the My Items window
Unpublishing a page will prevent it from displaying on the website. Conversely, because it was not deleted, republishing a page will display it on the site. Note that if a parent page contains a “+” next to it in the Content Tree, the pages contained beneath it will also be hidden.
Hide a page on the website:
- Select the page to be hidden
- In the Content section, click Lock and Edit at the top of the page
- Go to Ribbon>Publish>Restrictions group> Change
- The Publishing Settings widow will display
- Click the Item tab near the top left of the window
- Click the check box labeled Publishable (this will uncheck or deselect the box)
- Click the OK at the bottom right of the window
- Publish the page
- Several warning messages will display within the Warning section of the Content Tab:
- “This items will never be published because its “Publishable option is disabled.”
- If published new, the selected version will not be visible on the Web site.