About Skype for Business (formerly Microsoft Lync)
Skype for Business is an integrated communication service. Currently, this service provides Enterprise Instant Messaging, Presence and Desktop Conferencing for faculty and staff. Skype for Business offers the following functionality.
- Secure enterprise IM client to quickly and safely communicate with SMU Faculty and Staff
- Ability to create groups of contacts and IM the entire group
- Ability to transition to a desktop sharing conference or a video conference
- Ability to view presence of contacts to know when they are avilable for communication
- Ability to view presence and use a built in IM client in Webmail.smu.edu
- Ability to save IM conversations to Outlook for future reference
Skype for Business Client
If you receive a message that you are using an earlier version of Skype for Business that is not compatible, please use Windows Update to upgrade to the latest version.
The Skype for Business client is available for all faculty and staff to install on their SMU computer.
To ensure the security of our Skype environment, OIT has implemented a policy which blocks access using older clients.
If you have Microsoft Communicator installed on your workstation, please uninstall it and follow the instructions on this page to install Skype for Business Client.
For Windows computers (office)
The latest version of Skype for Business is automatically included in the Office 2016 installer.
For Mac Computers (office and home)
- Skype for Business is available for download at www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54108
- If you have upgraded your Mac to OS X Yosemite (10.10) Skype for Business may not log in properly. To resolve this issue, please download Skype for Business for Mac 2011 from link above.
Skype for Business Mobile
SMU now provides support for Skype for Business Mobile clients. Clients are available for Android, iPhone/iPad, and Windows Mobile devices.
The server name is sip.smu.edu.
For Android, and Windows mobile devices, you must provide your SMU email (firstname.lastname@example.org), SMU ID (SMU\[8-digit ID] – this can be found in the Options menu), and password.
For iOS devices, the sign in format is SMUID@smu.edu (ex email@example.com) and your account password.
The following features are not enabled at this time:
- Sending Files in an instant message. This feature will be made available once antivirus protection in in place for IM Traffic.
- Phone calls to non-Skype for Business/Communicator clients
Up and Running with Lync Online with David Rivers
Learn how to conference, collaborate, and share screens with Lync.
Desktop clients are available through the LANDesk portal for SMU owned machines
Mobile App can be downloaded from the links below: