Kaltura is available to all active SMU faculty, staff, and students.
- Log in to Canvas.
Access the course in which you wish to use Kaltura.
- Click on the My Media sidebar item.
- The first time, you will see a "Kaltura is requesting access to your account" message. Click "Authorize."
- Click the "Add New" button and select from the following to begin:
If CaptureSpace is installed, the application will launch, otherwise download and install the Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder.
- Media Upload
- Kaltura Capture
- Video Quiz
Making a Recording
Kaltura Capture offers a combination of recording sources:
- Microphone (Click the icon to disable it.)
- Press the red circle to begin the recording after a 3 seconds countdown.
- To stop the recording, press the white square button. You are given the option to name/ upload your recording to your Canvas course under “My Media” or save it locally.
Kaltura Personal Capture Walkthrough
Get a quick introduction to Kaltura Lecture Capture. Kaltura Lecture Capture is an exciting new way to manage all your lecture recordings from any course capture device, from the smallest classes to the biggest lecture halls. Join Yael Dovrat, product manager at Kaltura, as she takes you on a walkthrough of the intuitive interface
Documentation and Training
Video Tutorials & Training
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience. A recognized leader in the EVP (Enterprise Video Platform), OTT TV (Over the Top TV), OVP (Online Video Platform), and EdVP (Education Video Platform) markets Kaltura has emerged as the fastest growing video platform, and as the one with the widest use-case and appeal. Kaltura is deployed globally in thousands of enterprises, media companies, service providers and educational institutions and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at work, at home, and at school. The company is committed to its core values of openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and is the initiator and backer of the world's leading open-source video-management project, which is home to more than 100,000 community members. For more information, visit www.kaltura.com