Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC) ensures that IT strategy is developed with input from academic and business areas.
The ITLC is comprised of eight members, which includes four chairs of the functional councils and representation from Business and Finance, Provost Office, Research and the Student Senate. The council is chaired by the Chief Information Officer.
The ITLC's objective is to balance and prioritize IT needs through the functional councils, the campus community, and the Office of Information Technology. Key responsibilities of members include providing guidance to technology strategy, helping prioritize projects, providing input to service levels, advocating for SMU’s IT users, and working closely with OIT.
Members of the council
- Chair: Michael Hites, CIO, Office of Information Technology
- Clint Gilchrist, Enterprise Applications Council (EAC) Chair, Controller
- Peter Moore, Associate Provost, Curricular Innovation and Policy
- Vinh Pham, Director, Business and Finance
- Stephen Sekula, Principal Investigator, Faculty with active grants representing SMU research mission
- Teena Newman, Project Management Office Director, Office of Information Technology
- Michael Tumeo, Data Warehouse and Analytics Council (Chair), Director, Office of Institutional Research
- James Quick, Academic Technology Council (ATC) Chair, Associate Vice President and Dean, Office of Research and Graduate Studies
- Noah Wells, Student Senate Representative