The Academic Technology Governance Council (ATC) was created to ensure that technology services are aligned more effectively throughout the University and to enable the faculty and academic areas to participate directly in providing strategic direction in technology decision-making for campus.
The ATC is comprised of 14 members, including faculty from each school as well as Guildhall and Faculty Senate; representatives of the SMU libraries and the provost’s office; and Jason Warner, leader of the Academic Technology Team within OIT. The council chair is Paige Ware, Associate Provost for Faculty Success.
The council serves as a primary steward of SMU’s academic technology strategy. Academic leaders serving on the Council will maintain an understanding of the academic technology needs of their school or organization while also advocating for technologies that enhance the capabilities of the University as a whole. Key responsibilities of members include providing input to the annual update of their school or unit’s academic technology strategy, helping to prioritize academic computing projects, providing input to service levels, advocating for SMU’s IT users, and serving as an ambassador to OIT.
- Office of the Provost: Paige Ware
- Pia Vogel, Faculty Senate Representative
- Thomas Hagstrom, Director, Center for Research Computing
- Allen Gwinn, Faculty, Cox School of Business
- Tim Cassedy, Faculty, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Elfi Kraka, Faculty, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Omer Ozak, Faculty, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences
- Carla Reyes, Faculty, Dedman School of Law
- Steve Stringer, Faculty, Guildhall
- Carlos Davila, Faculty, Lyle School of Engineering
- Sarah Allen, Faculty, Meadows School of the Arts
- Robert Hunt, Faculty, Perkins School of Theology
- Anthony Cuevas, Faculty, Simmons School of Education and Human Development
- Holly Jeffcoat: Dean of SMU Libraries
- Toni Nolen, Librarian, Central University Libraries
- Michael Hites, Chief Information Officer
- Jason Warner, Associate CIO Academic Technology Services
- Senior Academic Technology Service Directors
- Rachel Mulry, Associate CIO, Planning and Customer Service
- Eureka Saunders, Director, Project Management Office
Office of Information Technology