The AV team is staffed with several individuals trained in designing and programming AV solutions. They are responsible for overseeing the project from start to finish including
- Meeting with areas to determine functionality requested
- Working with vendors to define the scope of work
- Revising designs to meet within budget
- Overseeing the installation
- Ensuring the final product can be supported and utilized successfully
To request assistance with a design, obtain a quote, or request installation, please use the AV Design and Installation Requests form.
Approval of Design/Installation
In order to ensure adequate support and take advantage of bulk purchasing discounts, the AV team will determine the standard devices (including Make/Model) as well as the design for installation. AMX is the standard AV system. All classroom AV equipment must be integrated with the AMX Remote Management system.
- Requests for non-standard devices must be reviewed by the AV support team to ensure compatibility with SMU infrastructure.
- Installation is coordinated by the AV team utilizing our approved contractors and vendors.
- Standards on construction and physical space are determined by OIT and the Office of Facilities Planning and Management. Standards are posted on the Design Guidelines.
Classroom Technology staff adhere to the best practices of Certified Technology Specialists (CTS), for creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions, and Conducting AV management activities which provide for the best audiovisual resolutions of the client’s need, both on time and within budget. For more information about CTS, visit: http://www.infocomm.org/cts