FAQ for Faculty
Student Technology Assistants in Residence are available to help with any short-term instructional technology project. We handle the technical stuff, allowing you to focus on the content. Since the start of the program, STARs have assisted dozens and dozens of faculty and staff with projects such as the ones listed below.
- Helping a faculty member develop course-related Web pages
- Formatting class notes for publishing on the Web
- Creating animations for a course Web page
- Digitizing slides and graphics for a course
- Creating an interactive map graphic for a course activity
- Scanning graphics
- Digitizing audio and video recordings for use on the Web
- Filming introduction videos to be used in podcasts or on Blackboard.
- Training faculty and staff on using Prezi, Sitecore, and other web apps.