Tower Center Senior Fellow
Victoria Farrar-Myers, Ph.D., a senior fellow at SMU's Tower Center for Public Policy and International Affairs, is a leading expert on presidential and congressional politics, with special attention to Super PACS and campaign financing in elections.
After serving as the 2014 Fulbright Distinguished Chair in American Politics in Australia, her current research focuses on U.S. foreign policy from a global perspective, particularly the growing importance of the Asian-Pacific region in matters of economic statecraft that have a direct impact on areas of U.S. National security such as trade, energy and capital markets.
From 1997-98, she worked in the U.S. House of Representatives for the lead House sponsor of legislation that would eventually become the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act.
- Super PACs and campaign financing in elections
- Presidential-congressional relations and separation of powers
- Social Media in modern political campaigns
- International statecraft, with an emphasis on the United States’ interests in the Asian-Pacific region
Victoria Farrar-Myers in the News
- About Victoria Farrar-Myers
- About the John Goodwin Tower Center for Public Policy and International Affairs
- Controlling the Message: New Media in American Political Campaigns, NYU Press, 2015
- Corruption and American Politics, Cambria Press, 2011
- Scripted for Change: The Institutionalization of the American Presidency, Texas A&M University Press, 2007
- Limits and Loopholes: The Quest for Money, Free Speech, and Fair Elections, CQ Press, 2007
- Legislative Labyrinth: Congress and Campaign Finance Reform, CQ Press, 2001