Chair of the Department of Teaching & Learning
Professor Paige Ware is chair of the Department of Teaching & Learning at SMU. Prior to earning her doctorate in Education, Language, Literacy, and Culture at the University of California at Berkeley, she was an English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher.
Fluent in Spanish and German, she was a Fulbright scholar in Germany before moving to Spain, where she taught in a bilingual Spanish-English elementary program. Her research focuses both on the use of multimedia technologies for fostering language and literacy growth among adolescents, as well as on the use of Internet-based communication for promoting intercultural awareness through international and domestic online language and culture partnerships.
- Funding for early childhood education
- English as a Second Language
- English as a Foreign Language
- Multimedia technologies for fostering language and literacy
- Internet-based communication for promoting intercultural awareness
Paige Ware in the News