2014 Pre-College Summer Programs
Each Portfolio workshops give aspiring high school art students a taste of creating art in the spacious studios at the Meadows School of the Arts, located at the heart of SMU’s beautiful tree lined campus in Dallas, TX.
Each week’s session is interdisciplinary in focus, covering 2-D, 3-D and digital medias. The curriculum for these MAYA summer sessions is modeled after the Division of Art’s innovative major and minor programs available to BFA and BA Studio Art majors.
Weekly sessions run Monday – Friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
2014 Tentative dates:
June 16-20, 2014
July 7-11, 2014
Typical Daily Class Schedule
8:30 – 9:00 am: Meet and greet in Owens Lobby
9:00 – 11:00 am: Studio
11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Lunch (provided on campus)
12:30 – 2:30 pm: – Studio
2:30 – 3:00 pm: – Break
3:00 – 5:00 pm: – Studio
5:00 – 5:30 pm: – Clean-up
Session cost: $549
- Class size is limited to 16 students per week; all sessions must have 6 students enrolled to be held.
- All art supplies are included.
- Some digital cameras will be available for student checkout. If you have a digital camera, please bring it with you daily to class.
- We recommend that students purchase a suitable portfolio and carry bag, so that they may easily transport their 2D and 3D work between residence and SMU during the week if they so desire.
- A daily lunch is provided on campus in the Umphrey Lee Dining Center.
- Daily on-campus parking passes are also provided.
2013 MAYA Pre-College Program Registration
Registrations are accepted on a first come/first serve basis with payment and completion of this form.