You project your expected graduation term when you declare you Lyle major. Review your expected graduation term each semester when you meet with your adviser. If your expected graduation term changes, contact the Office of Undergraduate Advising and Student Records in Caruth Hall Suite 253.
Before your final semester, you will receive an email with instructions on how to apply for graduation. When you receive this email, follow these steps:
1. Complete the Application for Candidacy to Graduate (ACG) on your student center in Access.SMU.
2. Come to Caruth 253 to pick up your blue degree plan.
3. Complete your blue degree plan as follows:
a. Use blue or black ink.
b. Use your DPR as your guide.
c. Write the course prefix and number next to General Education/University Curriculum requirements and Advanced Major Elective requirements.
4. Meet with your faculty adviser to review your blue degree plan.
5. Complete any exit interviews required by your department.
Information on Commencement Ceremonies is available on the SMU Registrar’s Academic Ceremonies website. http://www.smu.edu/EnrollmentServices/Registrar/AcademicCeremonies
All policies regarding graduation can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog. Smu.edu/catalogs