Visioneering celebrates the ways that engineering makes a difference in the world around us. At its core, Visioneering exposes students to the fields of engineering, the design process, team work, presentation and problem solving skills. This year Visioneering will take place Saturday, February 22, 2014!
We are looking forward to having you join us at Visioneering 2014.
What is Visioneering?
Visioneering is a free, half-day event held on the SMU campus that brings together students from across North Texas to engage with engineering concepts. Held annually in February around National Engineers week, this event celebrates the creative problem solving side of engineering.
View the documentary video from Visioneering 2012
- The morning starts with an exciting prep rally in Moody Coliseum, which includes a short talk from a professional working in a STEM field.
- Next is an authentic engineering design competition where teams of students move to classrooms across campus to collaborate on a specific problem related to real world issues. Each team is paired with a mentor who is either an upper level SMU Lyle School student, faculty or a professional working in a field of engineering.
- At the end of the challenge each mentor will judge two other teams' final design projects. All students are required to participate in the presentation.
- Judges forms are collected and students return to Moody Coliseum for snacks and an engineering expo presented by our sponsors. Companies showcase the latest technologies, projects and more.
- Once the judging forms have been tabulated we end the day with an awards ceremony where teams are recognized for outstanding execution of one of the design challenge elements: leadership, technological impact, invention, innovation, engineering, and advancement.
See what others are saying about Visioneering
"This is an awesome event that really stretched our kids to think outside the box. Thank you for the opportunity!” - Teacher Comment
“This is one of the BEST opportunities I have ever witnessed. What an experience!” - Teacher Comment
“The mentor was incredible and wonderful with the 6th graders.” - Teacher Comment
Want More Information?
Contact us about registering a team or being a volunteer engineering mentor
(214) 768-2070 or email@example.com
Visioneering is proudly sponsored by:
Would your company be interested in sponsoring Visioneering or participating in the event's tech expo?
Contact us to find out how?