The mission of the Caruth Institute for Engineering Education is to increase the number and diversity of students who graduate from U.S. high schools with both the enthusiasm and knowledge to pursue the engineering careers that are necessary for the U.S. to compete in a global economy.
Engineering Education: Preparing the Next Generation
- The United States does not have enough engineers prepared to lead us in the rapidly changing global economy.
- Priority research should be focused on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) subjects.
- Creativity and innovation should be the forefront of building a sustainable workforce.
- Leaders from industry, government, and academia need to collaborate to help increase the number and diversity of quality students graduating from engineering and science programs.
- We must change the way we educate our engineering students.
- We must foster creativity in the classrooms.
- The U.S. must invest in the future of its engineers and scientists.