Enrollment for Spring Term 2020
A Full Enrollment Tutorial is available at http://www.smu.edu/OIT/Training/accessself#tab_tab4
First time to Enroll? Read all the enrollment instructions.
Note: Follow the instructions to find your desired classes under “Search for Classes”. Write down the four digit “class number” for the proper section. Summer term sections have a "3" at the end.
Section 001/701/801 SMU On-Campus Class
Section 400 Distance Learning
Summer term courses have an additional number at the end, usually 1, 2, or 3.
To enroll as Military Distance, send a copy of your military ID or credentials to email@example.com to verify your eligibility for Military pricing. Please be sure to indicate "Military Enrollment" in the subject line of your email.
To enroll in Master’s Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation sections, send a request with your SMU ID Number and the course you wish to take to your Department Coordinator.
Enroll for Courses
- Log in to the my.SMU.edu system and select Student Center under the Student Self Service heading on the right side of the screen.
- Select Add a Class
- Select the appropriate term
- Click Add Classes
- Enter the Class Number in the Class Nbr field, or click the lookup button to view the schedule of classes. If you use the lookup button, click on the check mark next to the desired class in the search results. The class number will automatically be entered into the Add Class screen.
- Enter one or more Class Numbers. To add more than six Class Numbers, click ADD ANOTHER CLASS.
- Click Submit
- Be sure to select “campus essentials (parking)” if needed and click “view your account” to see your tuition charges.
- Tuition payment due date for the Spring 2020 is January 17, 2020.
- Failure to pay by tuition due dates will result in a late fee.
- If you pay with a company voucher, fax to Angie Ruiz at 214-768-1930.
- You may pay by credit card (MasterCard, Discover, American Express) with 2.75% service charge on webpay.
Students who are graduating at the end of the term:
Contact Jim Dees. You will file for graduation via my.SMU.edu and Jim Dees will need to provide you permission to do this. You need to do this at the beginning of the term. You must also complete a degree plan and email it to Jim Dees . Degree plans can be found here.
SMU Honor Code
Every student at SMU is bound by the SMU Honor Code. You need to become familiar with it and should review it regularly at SMU Honor Code Page