Operations Research and Engineering Management
- Transportation and logistics
- Network design
- Decomposition methods for optimization
- Stochastic optimization
- Applied and computational optimization with applications in freight transportation, emergency response, bioenergy supply networks, closed loop supply chains, and telecommunications
Selected Awards and Recognition
- Caterpillar Teaching Excellence Award, Dwight Look College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2011.
- Eshbach Society Distinguished Visiting Scholar in the McCormick School of Engineering & Applied Science, Northwestern University, 2009.
- Faculty Appreciation Award, INFORMS Student Chapter, 2004 and 2009, Texas A&M University.
- Research Featured in the IE Magazine, “Strategic Emergency Preparedness Network Design Integrating Supply and Demand Sides in a Multi-Objective Approach,” March 2017.
- Research Featured in the IE Magazine, “A Closed-Loop Supply Chain Network Design Problem with Integrated Forward and Reverse Channel Decisions,” November 2010.
- Research Featured in the IE Magazine, “Integrated Warehouse Location and Inventory Decisions in Three- Tier Distribution Systems,” August 2008.
- Finalist for the Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in Operations Research, INFORMS, 2008, “An Integrated Outbound Logistics Model for Frito-Lay: Coordinating Aggregate Level Production and Distribution Decisions,” with S. Cetinkaya, G. Easwaran, and B. Keskin.
- Moving Spirit Award, INFORMS, 2007.
- Outstanding Faculty Member, voted by the IIE Chapter at the U of Alabama, 1999-2000.