The key to getting a Lyle School of Engineering scholarship is to apply for SMU admission by January 15 of your senior year of high school. If engineering or computer science is listed as your first choice major on your admissions application, you will be considered for an engineering scholarship.
Here are the criteria used to award School of Engineering scholarships:
- High School credentials (grades, entrance test scores/SAT, leadership experience, range of personal accomplishments, extracurricular activities) as evaluated by the Undergraduate Recruitment Office.
- Scholarships are solely based on merit. Family finances are not a factor.
- All scholarships are competitive.
- Citizenship is not a factor.
- Scholarships are renewable for four years, provided that full-time engineering enrollment and a 3.0 GPA are maintained.
Academic Based Scholarships
United Methodist Church Scholarships
*These scholarships may require demonstrated financial need through the FAFSA.