SMU is dedicated to making a high-quality education affordable, regardless of a student’s family circumstances or income level. More than 70 percent of the students who attend SMU receive some form of financial assistance or scholarships.
Applying for Financial Aid
They key to getting other forms of financial aid is completing the FAFSA by February 15 of your senior year of high school. You also need to file a CSS/PROFILE through the College Board. This profile will give our financial aid advisors more information to further assess your need based financial aid. Financial Aid can come in many ways, including grants, loans, and work study programs. Get more Financial Aid Information>>
How To Apply:
- Go to www.pin.ed.gov and apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use on all documentation.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and use your PIN to complete to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Request that your FAFSA be sent to SMU, Title IV Code #003613.
- Be sure to respond to all additional requests for information as quickly as possible.
- You will be notified of financial aid awards in a timely manner.