Department Chair and Professor
Cecil H. Green Professor of Engineering
Operations Research and Engineering Management
Ph.D. in Management Science/Systems, McMaster University, 1996
- Stochastic dynamic optimization
- Applied probability and stochastic modeling
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Inventory theory
- Supply chain operations and management
- Supply Chain contract design
- Transportation logistics with a focus on shipment consolidation
- Healthcare operations
Selected Awards and Recognition
- IIE Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2012.
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2001.
- Outstanding Young Industrial Engineer, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2003.
- IIE Logistics and Supply Chain Division’s Annual Teaching Award, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2015.
- Moving Spirit Award, INFORMS, 2011.
- Best Paper Prize in Scheduling and Logistics, in collaboration with X. Liu, IIE Transactions on Scheduling and Logistics, 2010.
- Finalist for Daniel Wagner Prize in Operations Research Practice, in collaboration with H. Üster, G. Easwaran, and B. B. Keskin, INFORMS, 2008.
- Selected for Frontiers of Engineering, National Academy of Engineering, 2005.
- Alpha Pi Mu Outstanding Professor, Texas A&M University, 2009.
- TEES Fellow, Texas Engineering Experiment Station, 2006.
- INFORMS Student Chapter Faculty Appreciation Award, Texas A&M University, 2006.
- BP Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence, Texas A&M University, 2004.