Operations Research and Engineering Management
Ph.D., University of Texas, Austin, 1978
- Network and integer-programming optimization algorithms and models for large-scale industry applications
- Computational data analytics including optimization-based machine learning and data fusion
- High-performance classical and quantum computing methods for optimization
- Empirical benchmarking and analysis of algorithms via computational experiments
Selected Awards and Recognition
- Harvey J. Greenberg Award for Service, from the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences’ Computing Society, 2015
- Outstanding Professor, 2009, from SMU Graduate Student Council, Lyle School of Engineering
- Outstanding Faculty of OREM Department Award, 2005-2006, School of Engineering, SMU
- Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Award, OREM Department, School of Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 2002.
- Outstanding Professor Award, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Southern Methodist University, 1988 and 1989.
- Halliburton Foundation Award for Teaching Excellence, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Southern Methodist University, 1986.
- Distinguished Graduate Teacher Award, Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, 1983.
- Faculty Research Excellence Award, Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, 1980.