The mission of Technology Services is to provide timely, effective access to scholarly information in support of SMU's research and instructional programs. We acquire, organize, digitize, and provide access to resources that support scholarship and create and support the technologies used to access them.
We achieve this mission by:
- Providing efficient ordering, receiving, and payment for library materials;
- Cataloging and creating metadata according to international standards, ensuring accurate information access and retrieval;
- Providing access to SMU's rare holdings and scholarly works through digitization and collection management;
- Supporting CUL's desktop computing needs;
- Supporting SMU Libraries shared library systems;
- Designing and developing useful, appealing websites and smart web applications; and
- Providing design services and marketing support to enhance CUL's marketing efforts.
With regard to library technology, we participate in a collaborative governance process with SMU's Office of Information Technology and all the SMU Libraries.
Automation / Technology Steering Committee & Automation Teams | Organizational Chart | Systems We Support