SMU Libraries has spaces available for the SMU community to reserve for events or classes. If you want to reserve a meeting or study room, please see Places to Study. Each space has its own policies. For AV equipment issues, contact OIT classroom support at 214-768-8888.
All spaces in Fondren Library can be reserved in STABLE.
Collaborative Commons (Starbucks Area), Gray Level 1
The Collaborative Commons can be reserved for tabling or other small events.
- STABLE space name FOLW 1: Starbucks Cafe.
- May be reserved by current SMU faculty, staff, and students for library-sponsored or library-approved events.
OIT Computer Labs, Red 109 and 110
OIT has two computer labs in Fondren Library.
- STABLE space names FOLE0109 and FOLE0110.
- Fondren Library Red 109 has PC computers, one instructor station, projector and whiteboards.
- Fondren Library Red 110 has Mac computers, one instructor station, projector and whiteboards.
Texana Room, Gray 211
The Texana Room is a special event space that can host groups of up to 25 people.
- STABLE space name FOLW0211.
- May be reserved Monday through Friday 8am to 9pm, Sat noon to 6pm, and Sun 10am to 9pm.
- May be reserved by current SMU faculty, staff, and students, with priority given to library-sponsored events.
Hamon Arts Library
Hawn Conference Room, Hamon 1240
The Hawn Conference Room can be reserved for meetings or occasional instruction. It includes tables and seating for 21, a projection screen, multimedia equipment, DTEN and a dry erase board.
- May be reserved Monday through Thursday 8:30am to 8:00pm, and Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- May be reserved by SMU faculty and staff, with priority given to library-sponsored events.
- Drinks with lids and light refreshments or boxed lunches are allowed. Catering is not permitted. Please leave the room in the condition it was found.
- For questions about the Hawn Conference Room, contact LaGail Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214.768.4437.
Reserve the Hawn Conference Room in Outlook by scheduling an appointment with attendees. Add Hamon Hawn Conference in “Rooms” to the meeting. Use the Scheduling Assistant to check for availability.