About the award
A stipend of $1000 will be given to the winning faculty member for designing and implementing an information literacy assignment into a course for the following semester. Faculty are expected to collaborate with the department’s liaison librarian, who may provide any of the following: in-class instruction session, custom course guide, help with research assignment and assessment design, and/or one-on-one student research consultations. The stipend will be disbursed upon completion of the course and the submission of a report from the faculty member that describes the assignment, the method of assessment, and the impact on student learning. The winning faculty member will be announced in library publications, and the final report will be placed on the library website.
All full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty members in Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, Lyle School of Engineering, Meadows School of the Arts, Simmons School of Education & Human Development, Cox School of Business, and Perkins School of Theology are eligible.
You may contact your liaison librarian for more information on putting together a proposal. You may submit your proposal through this form. See other successful proposals.
Application deadline for Spring/Summer 2019 courses: November 27th, 2018
Application deadline for Summer/Fall 2019 courses: May 1st, 2019
The proposal must include the following:
- Course name and number
- Student learning outcomes related to information literacy
- How you will collaborate with your department's liaison librarian
- Description of the assignment and/or learning activities
- Assessment plan for measuring information literacy learning outcomes
The committee will be looking for proposals for assignments that effectively:
- Integrate information literacy concepts into the learning objectives.
- Prepare students to meet future information challenges in their academic career and beyond.
- Provide evidence of appropriate student research skill development.
- Exhibit sound pedagogical design.