The librarians work hard to ensure that all students are happy and successful while spending time at the Hilltop—because of this, my time at SMU has been greatly impacted for the better.
Brynn Price, Student Advisory Board Member, 2021
The Student Advisory Board works together to provide the diverse SMU student community with library spaces, services and collections that meet and exceed the needs of all students.
Board Members have the opportunity to:
- Convey student needs, concerns and priorities to the Libraries
- Provide advice and feedback on library policies, services and spaces
- Share ideas and input on design and implementation of new library services
- Share insights into student study, research and library use
- Help communicate information about library services and resources to the student community
All SMU students are eligible to apply for the Board. Representation from across all colleges and schools is a priority. Appointments are made in fall and spring.
Meetings are held monthly in the fall (September, October, and November) and spring (February, March, and April).