The Kitt Investing and Trading Center, located in the Business Library, is central to the Cox School of Business. The Kitt Center was established with a gift from the family of Barry M. and Beth M. Kitt.
The Kitt Center holds credit finance classes, hands-on library research workshops, and open research times for students. The Kitt Center supports various programs at Cox, including the Portfolio Practicum and the EnCap & LCM Alternative Asset Center.
Use of the Kitt Center
- Valid SMU ID must be presented for access to the Kitt Investing and Trading Center. No exceptions.
- Drinks in a container with a lid or cap allowed in the Center. No food.
- Save your work to a USB drive or other external location, such as OneDrive.
- Files left on computer hard drives will be removed.
- No tampering and no loading software of any kind on the computers.
- Respectful and considerate behavior required at all times; keep voices low and take cell phone calls outside the Center.
The Kitt Center features these prestigious databases:
- Capital IQ
- Morningstar Direct
- Financial Trading System
Business Librarians teach these workshops in the Kitt Center:
- Accounting Research
- Bloomberg Basics
- Career Management Research
- Company Research
- Demographic and Consumer Research
- Industry and Market Research
- International Business Research
- Investment Research
- Moving Beyond Google for Business Research