Visiting Scholar’s Fellowship
Promotes and facilitates scholarship requiring use of the library’s rare books, manuscripts, or archives collections. May be scheduled at any time during the year from June 1 of the year in which the award is made through May 31 of the following year.
Center for Methodist Studies Fellowships
Promotes and facilitates scholarship in Wesleyan traditions. May be scheduled at any time during the year from June 1 of the year in which the award is made through May 31 of the following year.
Visiting Minister’s Fellowship
Promotes and facilitates reflective study for active clergy persons. The fellowship period must be scheduled to include the fall convocation.
- Fellowship consists of a stipend of $1,000/week for up to two weeks to help defray travel, living, and research expenses.
- Recipients are responsible for making their own travel and housing arrangements; a listing of hotels near campus is available upon request.
- Fellows publishing materials resulting directly from the study period are expected to acknowledge the Bridwell Library Fellowship and Bridwell Library resources in the work and provide one copy for the library collections.
Applications are accepted in early spring for the following academic year cycle. Applications must include:
- Completed Bridwell Library Fellowship Checklist and Application Form
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Research proposal no more than two pages describing the project and the Bridwell Library collections to be utilized
- Two letters of reference
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ATTN: Bridwell Fellowships
Bridwell Library, Southern Methodist University
P.O. Box 750476
Dallas, TX 75275-0476
For additional information, email email@example.com or call 214-768-3483.