Research Assignment Stipend
SMU Libraries encourages faculty to integrate new information literacy components into undergraduate and graduate coursework in collaboration with librarians. Winning faculty members will be awarded a $1000 stipend upon completion of a report on the impact on learning in the course.
Fall 2021 Winners
- Dr. Daniel (Dan) Moss, in collaboration with Humanities Librarian, Rebecca Graff, for Shakespeare: The Big Four (ENGL 4333).
- David Jacobson, J.D., M.B.A., in collaboration with Director of the Business Library Sandy Miller, for Complex Problem Solving (MNO 6228 ).
- Rev. Dr. Jaime Clark-Soles, in collaboration with Reference and Digital Services Librarian Leslie Fuller, for Interpretation of the New Testament (NT 6301).
- Dr. Michael Lively, in collaboration with Music and Theatre Librarian Pam Pagels, for Form and Analysis (MUTH 3350).
- Dr. Piyawan Charoensap-Kelly, in collaboration with Director of Educational Initiatives, Megan Heuer for Communication Research and Data Analytics (CCPA 2375).
The Larrie and Bobbi Weil Undergraduate Research Award
The Larrie and Bobbi Weil Undergraduate Research Award recognizes a student research paper that demonstrates depth, breadth, and thoughtful command of library resources. The winning student receives an award at Honors Convocation and $500. The winning paper is placed in the SMU Archives and in SMU Scholar and may be published in the SMU Journal of Undergraduate Research.
Faculty may submit nominations.
Maria Katsulos, Unto One Man’s Hand: The Power of Portraiture of the Favorites of James I
Nominated by Professor Kathleen Wellman, HIST 4300
The Business Library presents the Super Teacher Advocating Research (STAR) Award to faculty who include opportunities for students to apply research skills in their course(s). Selected faculty work closely with business librarians to develop assignments and determine the best ways to teach and assess research. It is awarded to one faculty member each year at the Cox Fall Faculty Retreat.
David Jacobson, Executive Director Online Education and Professor of Practice