We are not currently offering the SMU Law in-person Oxford abroad program for Summer 2021, and likely won't open applications for this program until SMU lifts travel restrictions.
- Pre-Trip Introductory Class: TBD
- Oxford Dates: Monday, June 29 through Saturday, August 1
- Final Examinations: Thursday, July 30 and Friday, July 31
- Oxford Classes: June 30 - July 3, July 6 - 9, July 13 - 16, July 20 - 23, July 27 - 28
- Reading Day: July 29
- Trip to London: TBD
Tuition & Fees
- The 2020 program charge for tuition and fees is $10,337. This covers tuition for 5 credit hours, fees, room, breakfast every morning, lunch on the days classes meet, and approximately one dinner per week.
- Additional Costs - Transportation, course materials, supplies, printing costs, personal travels, passport application, visa applications (if required), etc., are not included in the above.
- Financial Aid is available for the Oxford program. Students will receive an email from The Graduate Financial Aid office in late spring with instructions on how to apply.
- For list of courses, see Oxford Course Information
- For information about the 2020 faculty, see Oxford Faculty
Student Academic Requirements
- Students must attend the classes as scheduled, must attend professional visits (e.g., Legal London), and complete assignments (normally, one short tutorial paper each week, and two final examinations).
- Students will receive a letter grade based on examination, papers (where applicable), and class participation. Methods of assessment will be discussed in each individual class. Generally speaking, tutorial papers will be graded based on whether they answer the question posed by the tutor, coherence of argument, depth of reading, accuracy of use of sources, overall organization, and grammatical correctness.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Information
- U.S. Passports and International Travel
- Travelling to England
- Students Abroad
- Travel Alerts and Warnings
- Disability Related Resources for Oxford Students
- Oxford City Disability Information
- Disability Transport in England
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT MICHELE OSWALD, SMU DEDMAN LAW SCHOOL, P.O. BOX 750116, DALLAS, TEXAS 75275-0116, AMOSWALD@SMU.EDU, 214-768-2832, 214-768-4330