Wednesday, February 26 - Thursday, February 27, 2020
James M. Collins Executive Education Center
3150 Binkley Avenue | Dallas TX 75275
Organizational leaders face the constant challenge of making ethical choices in difficult times. In two content-rich days, this certificate in Ethics & Compliance will deliver insights into how organizations are responding—and should respond—to today’s ethical challenges. This multi-disciplinary certificate program designed for compliance, legal and financial professionals will strengthen credentials and give an immediate edge while building knowledge for higher levels of responsibility.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet and network with other compliance professionals, SMU faculty, and C-suite executives. Attendees will receive a certificate of completion from SMU's Cox School of Business, Dedman School of Law's Robert B. Rowling Center for Business Law and Leadership, and the Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility. This program is anticipated to qualify for Texas Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Corporate Compliance Board CEU credit.
Learn from the Best
Every year a highlight of the certificate program is the strong roster of speakers it attracts. Participants significantly increase their level of understanding by learning from individuals who have first-hand knowledge of some of the world’s most complex ethical and leadership issues. This year’s 2020 keynote will be given by Daniel Trujillo, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for Wal-Mart.
Trujillo joins a number of distinguished ethics and compliance officers and executives who have lectured in years past, including:
- David Huntley, SMU Trustee and Sr. Executive Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for AT&T
- Ambassador Ron Kirk, Former U.S. Trade Representative and Former Mayor of Dallas
- Joshua S. Roseman, Partner at Jones Day
- Jack Lowe, Jr., Chairman Emeritus of TDIndustries
- Randall Ebner, General Counsel of Exxon Mobil
- Yvette Ostolaza, Partner at Sidley Austin
- Cynthia Wales, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for the Dallas Mavericks
- Hemang Desai, Robert B. Cullum Professor of Accounting, SMU Cox School of Business
Session topics include:
- Effective Auditing of Compliance Programs
- Dealing Appropriately with Whistleblowers
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Technology-Assisted Internal Investigations
- Sustainability and Compliance
- Best Practices in Board Oversight
- Culture and Climate
Faculty Program Directors
Shane Goodwin, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Graduate Programs and Executive Education and Professor of Practice, SMU Cox School of Business
Eric Hinton, J.D., Director, Rowling Center for Business Law & Leadership, Adjunct Professor of Law, SMU Dedman School of Law
Rita Kirk, Ph.D., William F. May Endowed Director, Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility, Altshuler Distinguished Professor of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs
$1,995 per student
Seats are limited for the 2020 Certificate in Ethics and Compliance. Discounts are available for members of the Texas State Bar Corporate Counsel Section and The Texas General Counsel Forum. For group discounts, please call (214) 768-3329 for promotional code.