SMU Robert B. Rowling Center for Business Law & Leadership
SMU Law Review Association
Friday, October 18, 2019, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Westin Galleria Dallas
One of SMU Dedman Law’s signature events, the 27th Annual Corporate Counsel Symposium addresses cutting edge issues that confront in-house counsel. Hear from experts and industry leaders and interact with your peers.
Featuring Keynote Speaker
Maureen K. Ohlhausen
Former Commissioner and Acting Chairman of the United States Federal Trade Commission
Partner and Practice Group Chair – Antitrust & Competition Law, Baker Botts, Washington, DC.
"Data as an Asset: Threats and Opportunities"
|Ms. Ohlhausen is the former acting chairman and commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission. She directed all aspects of the FTC's antitrust work, including merger review and conduct enforcement, and steered all FTC consumer protection enforcement, with a particular emphasis on privacy and technology issues. A respected thought leader, Ms. Ohlhausen has testified over a dozen times before the U.S. Congress and is a recipient of the FTC's Robert Pitofsky Lifetime Achievement Award.|
The Corporate Counsel Symposium also includes panels and speakers on the following:
- Managing International Trade Risk in Uncertain Times
- Proxy Battles – Tales from the Trenches
- The California Consumer Privacy Act and Beyond – What’s Next for US Privacy?
- Current Developments in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Why Board Diversity Matters: From Multiple Perspectives
- Optimizing the Relationship Between the General Counsel and the Outside Auditor
- U.S. Government Enforcement Priorities, Regulatory Burdens, and Company Strategies
- Best Practices in Managing Joint-Employment Risk
For questions regarding this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.