Jon Clark is a 6-year developer-producer, excited to return to the SMU Guildhall family as an Adjunct Lecturer for Team Game Production.
Jon’s career in games began with founding a wayward mobile software development company with two close friends, and accelerated after graduating from the Guildhall with a Master of Interactive Technology focusing in game production. Since graduating, he has had the opportunity to produce games on a number of different platforms and genres, including worldwide mobile games, VR titles, and flatscreen console/PC. Some of his shipped titles includeNew Super Lucky’s Tale on Nintendo Switch,Star Child Demo Disc Experience for PlayStation VR,Lucky's Tale on the Oculus Rift, and numerous live releases on the PeopleFun portfolio of products (such asWordscapes,Blockscapes, and more).
Jon is thrilled to bring learnings from some of his successes and many of his failures back to the student body at Guildhall.
- Product Management Producer – PeopleFun
- Producer – Playful Studios
- Production Intern – Yvolver, Inc.
- New Super Lucky’s Tale Nintendo Switch 2019 – Playful Studios
- Star Child Demo Disc Experience PSVR 2017 – Playful Studios
- Creativerse PC 2017 – Playful Studios
- Lucky’s Tale Oculus Rift 2016 – Playful Studios
- Gnome Problem iOS/Android 2015 – Yvolver, Inc.
- M.I.T. Digital Game Development – Southern Methodist University
- B.A. Philosophy – University of North Texas
- Master’s Thesis, Simulating Methodology of Agile Development Teams – Southern Methodist University
- Honor’s Thesis, Ethical Realism v. Relativism – University of North Texas
Awards and achievements earned
- Alumni Spotlight – SMU Guildhall
- Keynote Student Speaker – SMU Guildhall
- Special Achievement Honors – SMU Guildhall
- Graduated summa cum laude – University of North Texas