Resolution on Immigration Executive Order 2017.02.01 Final
- Resolution to disband the Information Technology (IT) Committee of the Senate - the Senate now elects three representatives to the University IT Advisory Council, serving on a rotating basis and reporting to the Senate, making the IT Committee work redundant; moreover, the Chief Information Officer of the University has agreed to liaison with the Senate on a regular basis.
- Resolution commending the leadership, vision and generosity of GERALD J. FORD in creating the Gerald J. Ford Research Fellowship Program - the Faculty Senate of Southern Methodist University, in the 10th anniversary of the Gerald J. Ford Research Fellowship Program, commended the leadership, vision and generosity of SMU Trustee Mr. Gerald J. Ford for helping establish the first research fellowship program of its kind at SMU, which has been instrumental in helping the university gather momentum in becoming a top research institution.
- Resolution requesting action on FACULTY SALARIES in support of achieving parity with the average faculty salary of “Colonial” Universities – the Faculty Senate of Southern Methodist University requested the SMU Administration to develop and implement a 3-year plan aiming at achieving a minimum average faculty salary parity in all levels (Assistant, Associate and Professor) of all schools and divisions with the corresponding average salaries of the “Colonial” Universities. Further, the Faculty Senate requested that the “Colonial Group” average salaries be used by the SMU Administration as a minimum salary starting point for new hires at all levels throughout the University.
- Resolution requesting action on RESEARCH FUNDING in support of achieving “TOP 50” status - the Faculty Senate of Southern Methodist University requested the SMU Administration to earmark an additional $4 million in the university yearly operational budget as “Faculty Research”. Further, the Faculty Senate resolved that this sum be allocated to the Office of Associate Vice-President for Research, and disbursed, upon consultation to the faculty, for fomenting research activities, such as for the support of: undergraduate research initiation, graduate research assistants, faculty research leaves, summer research activities, conference travel for presentation of research papers, broader access to research funds, grant matching funds, and purchase of laboratory equipment.
- Resolution to make MORE CLASS INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS – the Faculty Senate of Southern Methodist University requeste that the SMU Administration make current course syllabuses available for viewing through Access.smu during registration, and allow any faculty member the option not to participate. For purposes of this practice, the Senate recommends that the Provost’s office develop templates that suggest standard information faculty can consider including on the online syllabus.
Links to Resolution Archives of the SMU Faculty Senate: