What is Tau Sigma?
Tau Sigma is a national honor society promoting the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students. The SMU Gamma Beta chapter of Tau Sigma was founded in 2009 to recognize our most outstanding transfers and provide a forum to better serve transfer students at the University. Tau Sigma members serve as a resource to current and future transfer students at SMU. For further information about the honor society, please visit the national Tau Sigma homepage.
Criteria for membership
To qualify for membership, students must:
- Transfer to SMU with 30 or more transferable hours;
- Enroll and complete 12 or more hours during their first semester at SMU; and
- Achieve a 3.500 GPA or higher in their first semester at SMU.
What are the benefits of joining Tau Sigma?
- Opportunity to apply for Tau Sigma national scholarships
- Prestigious credential on your resume and listing on your official SMU transcript
- Opportunity to serve as a peer mentor to other transfer students
- Leadership opportunity to serve on SMU’s Tau Sigma board
- Opportunity to help recruit other transfer students to SMU
- The privilege of using the Scholar's Den as a study location, or a site to plan events
Please visit Tau Sigma's Homepage for more information.